Have you ever been curious about the inner workings of an art and science association? EDGE Neuroscience & Art is seeking a proactive and passionate member to support the organizations external and internal communications. This is a volunteer role of approximately 2 hours per week.
The main duties of our communications team are to create, implement and oversee communications programs both internally and externally that effectively describe and promote EDGE.
Although you will be in a team responsible for the following points. You will also be fully supported by the founders in your onboarding for the first months.
In this role you will be in a volunteer team (we call them circles) responsible for :
- External and Internal Communication
You will be part of a Circle which is involved in the following tasks:
- Public relations and press releases
- Maintenance of website including design and content such as blogs
- Newsletter and announcements
- Media/digital presence including social media
- Creating and documenting internal and external branding and communication guidelines
- Overseeing the quality of written communication e.g. communication with institutes, event descriptions, grants, marketing collateral
- Working with other circles to ensure consistent communication and scientific/artistic integrity
- Attending bi-weekly meetings with the core organisational team
We are more than happy to have support in any of the above tasks individually. There is also room for taking on more responsibility. Just let us know!
- Passion for not-for-profit organizations on the border of art and science
- (Desired not required) Some background in marketing, public relations, communications
- 1-2 hours per week free to volunteer
- The core team meets every 2 weeks for 1 hour
- Team spirit and a heart for this growing vibrant community
As mentioned, this is currently a volunteer role. We are still working on creating paid positions within the organization and are happy for you to support this endeavor.
EDGE Neuroscience & Art follows a model of sociocratic governance. This means we have a central “Coordination Circle” made up of leaders of smaller operational “circles”. Each circle has a lead and several members. Each circle has autonomy over its own activities with regular reporting back to the coordination circle from the leaders.
More about EDGE
We are an international and interdisciplinary group based in Berlin, interested in the art and science of the nervous system. A community, with varied perspectives on the intersections between art and neuroscience. We hope that through art, we can connect to a wider community, educate and share with creativity, humanize the scientific and research process, and engage with the public through art. In the future, we hope to widen our collaborations with those other stakeholders in the neuroscientific process.
The multi-media exhibitions and interdisciplinary workshops are at the heart of what EDGE is. We showcase the art of various artists addressing topics around the brain, from and of neuroscience labs, their members, their motivations, and the research findings, to bridge the divide between the lab bench and the outside world.