Join the new neuroscience & art community in North Rhine-Westphalia.
We’re excited about extending the EDGE community into North Rhine-Westphalia! EDGE Neuroscience & Art e.V. is seeking proactive and passionate volunteers to support the organization of EDGE through events and workshops within NRW with the goal of building the new “EDGE West” circle.
The main goal is to conceptualize and carry out EDGE activities (workshops, exhibitions, etc.) in NRW. We are looking to build a core team of organizers, both with an artistic or neuroscientific background, that are passionate about bringing EDGE’s vision to life in the culturally and scientifically rich area of NRW.
Write to us here
You will be part of a team that is involved in the following tasks:
- Conceptualization/organization of events, such as workshops or exhibitions
- Artistic curation
- Executing ideas/concepts and bringing visions to life
- Public relations and networking/ location scouting
- Working with the existing teams to develop a unanimous vision of EDGE West
- Attending bi-weekly meetings with the core organizational team
- Make people FALL IN LOVE with neuroscience and art! <3
- Passion for non-profit organizations on the border of art and science
- (desired not required) some background in organizing and executing workshops/events/exhibitions
- 1-2 hours per week to volunteer
- Team spirit and a heart for this growing vibrant community
As mentioned, this is currently a volunteer role. We are still working on creating paid positions within the organization and are happy for you to support this endeavor.
More about EDGE
We are an international and interdisciplinary group based in Berlin, interested in the art and science of the nervous system. A community, with varied perspectives on the intersections between art and neuroscience. We hope that through art, we can connect to a wider community, educate, and share with creativity, humanize the scientific and research process, and engage with the public through art. In the future, we hope to widen our collaborations with those other stakeholders in the neuroscientific process.
The multi-media exhibitions and interdisciplinary workshops are at the heart of what EDGE is. We showcase the art of various artists addressing topics around the brain, from and of neuroscience labs, their members, their motivations, and the research findings, to bridge the divide between the lab bench and the outside world.